To improve the overall health of the body, herbs have been playing a major role for thousands of years. Herbs help in healing wounds faster, make up for nutritional supplements, and also deliver a host of physical as well as spiritual benefits. Herbs strengthen the immune system, lower blood sugar, and cholesterol, have anti-inflammatory properties, and prevent Alzheimer’s diseases and various types of cancer. Every culture and every medicinal system, from the Native American Indian to Traditional Chinese Medicine, have used herbs for therapeutic purposes. There are thousands of herbs with thousands of different uses, many of which are used in conventional medicine as well as for natural remedies.
Herb therapy is also particularly useful with those that suffer from a variety of physical conditions such as:
- High Blood Pressure
- Celestial Problems
- Low Blood Pressures
- Heart Disease
- Nervous System Problems
We believe that herbs are designed to be used to treat the underlying causes of a disease in a patient. Instead of looking at the signs and symptoms and then treating the disease, at the White Turtle Lodge we look at the whole picture, from lifestyle to spiritual imbalances, in order to prescribe the right treatment.
Once the cause of a condition is discovered, the herb is prescribed to restore the body’s natural balance. In some cases herbs will work side by side with other treatments. At the White Turtle Lodge we have a deep understanding in how different herbs work with the body to restore balance and health.
In Herb Therapy we need to determine:
- Which herb is best used to cure a patient from disease or physical problem?
- What herbs/ or spirit foods should be taken to prevent a patient from illness and disease long term and this is important?
- The amount of herb/ or spirit food should be consumed to cure an illness.
- How long a patient should consume a particular herb/ or spirit food.
- How to prepare certain herb formulas – Tonic or tea form or within a dish.
- How certain herbs/ spirit foods react with other foods if mixed together.
- The strength of each herb or spirit food.
- Determine blood type/ and genetics of patient.
The three important physical systems linked to herb therapy are:
The Immune System
The Digestive System
The Nervous System
Here are some herbs/ roots that come under our Spirit Food Table:
“Rather just using herbs as source of medicine, use variety of herbs within your food”
Frequently asked questions
- Are herbal remedies safe?
- Which are the best healing plants?
- Is growing medicinal plants a great and beneficial hobby?
- Why are herbs important for our physical bodies?
At the White Turtle Lodge we also guide, teach, and educate others in other important areas that are linked to herb therapy and spirit foods:
- The importance of minerals: We believe that the use of minerals is important in the prevention of disease and illness.
Here is a list of minerals we promote at the White Turtle Lodge:
- Always talk to your doctor
- Trust your own feelings and judgement
- Don’t overdo it
- Be patient
- Don’t change your eating habits at once
At the White turtle Lodge
- We promote the importance of herbs and spirit foods.
- We recognise that herbs play a critical role in the health of the body, spirit, and mind.
- We have a deep understanding how certain herbs works to enhance, manipulate, and enhance meridians systems and Chakra systems as part of the healing process.
- We promote the importance of healthy eating and combing herbs, roots, and spirit foods as part of our education system.
- With the help of our spirit healers and teachers we are bringing together ancient herbal tonics, medicines, and teas that are greatly beneficial to the physical body.
- We always recommend how certain herbs, minerals, and vitamin can enhance the healing process.
- We have a deep understanding how every physical body is different and that we treat the patient and not the physical condition.
- How certain herbs can be used to help our animal friends.
We will be posting a variety of different tonics, and remedies that can be used to help with a variety of different physical or spiritual conditions.
Questions or comments?
We value questions and feedback from customers and visitors alike. Please take a little time to enquire for information; we always try to respond the same working day via email.